The cloud services (hereinafter referred to as “services”) are provided by the Greek Research and Technology Network SA / GRNET SA to the academic and research community, in order to promote academic, educational and research aims. The distributed computing and network resources can be optimized in order to host services or for experimental purposes.
The services are addressed to the Greek Academic and Research community (students, professors, researchers etc).
3. Disallowed use
The services are available to beneficiaries in order to cover their wider educational, research and academic needs. The accounts created by beneficiaries of the services are personal. Distribution of accounts to third parties is prohibited. The direct or indirect use of the services in order to promote any kind of commercial aim is expressly prohibited as well as any use which violates by any means the laws and provisions in force.
- Which is inappropriate, defamatory, illegal, or obscene.
- Which infringes the patent, trademark, copyright, trade secrets or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Which forwards pyramid schemes, chain letters or disturbing unsolicited messages or advertisements.
- Which promotes and / or provides educational information with regard to illegal activities and / or promotes natural violence and / or damage against groups or persons.
The malicious use of the services for any kind of electronic attacks aiming to obstruct the use of the services itself or the use of third services, to take advantage of vulnerabilities, to have illegal access to the systems of third parties and to hack personal data is prohibited. More specifically but not exclusively:
- It is prohibited to act in any manner which aims to inhibit and / or interrupt the function of the services and/or the servers and/or the networks which are connected to the services as well as to ignore the claims, the procedures, the policies or the regulation of the networks connected to the services.
- It is prohibited to obstruct and/or inhibit any other user from appropriate use of the services.
- It is prohibited to create user accounts through automated media or using false pretexts.
- It is prohibited to share software which contains viruses, Trojan horses or corrupted software which aims to take advantage of vulnerabilities with the aim to attack electronically and to have illegal access to systems of third parties.
- It is prohibited to use robot or spider applications or applications for search / recovery of a website or of other machines for the recovery or the creation of an index / directory of a part of the services or for the collection of information concerning users for any kind of disallowed purpose.
- Port Scanning, Network Scanning, Denial of Service and Distributed Denial of Service attacks are prohibited.
- It is prohibited to use the services for the creation of web pages in order to hack personal data or passwords.
- It is prohibited to maintain an open relay (mail or proxy) server.
- It is prohibited to maintain a TOR EXIT NODE.
- It is prohibited to operate/maintain any game server, unless special permission has been given by the management team of the services for research/educational purposes.
- It is prohibited to defame, insult, harass, persecute, threaten or in any other way to violate the legal rights (such as the right of privacy and the right of publicity) of third parties.
- It is prohibited to delete any kind of indications of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights which are included in the services.